Terms and Conditions
- For all bookings we require full payment in advance which can be made via credit/debit card or cheque. Your booking can only be confirmed once your payment has been cleared. Prices given are per room per night, unless otherwise stated.
- We do recognise and understand that that unforeseen circumstances can intervene and sometimes plans have to be altered and we do try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases. However in the unlikely event of your booking being cancelled or curtailed, we are entitled by law to charge for booked accommodation that is not taken up. Thus, at Bay Tree Cottage, the following cancellation charges apply on all bookings:
- If you cancel more than 14 days prior to your visit a full refund will be given less a £15 administrative charge.
- If you cancel between 7 and 14 days prior to arrival, you will be charged 50% of your total booking (minimum 1st night’s charge)
- Cancellation less than 7 days prior to arrival date, will incur 100% cost of total booking.
- We will endeavour to re-let the accommodation on your behalf and, if successful, will gladly give you a full refund, less £15 admin fee. We do recommend using travel insurance which covers cancellation charges.
- We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Arrival and Departure
- Your accommodation is available to you from 3pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. Please be ready to leave your accommodation by 11.00am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged.
Damages and Breakages
- If you discover anything is wrong with the property, please contact us, to give us the opportunity of putting it right for you and similarly if anything needs attention during your stay do let us know as soon as possible to give us time to sort it for the benefit of future clients. It is important to us that you enjoy your stay.
- Please take care of our cottages …a lot of love and hard work has gone into making them what they are! You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you or any member of your party cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/ debit card, or we may send you an invoice, for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant. We may make an additional charge if you did not report this. We operate a strict no smoking policy inside our cottages, and we reserve the right to charge for cleaning if it is found that a guest does not respect this policy.
- We do not accept liability for damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Change of Room
- If a booking is taken out for a specific room or cottage but this is subsequently rendered unusable via circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to transfer the booking to an alternative room or cottage.